Artist/Entertainer Agreements - an agreement whereby an entity or individual agrees to perform a certain service for a prearranged price on a prearranged date.
Sometimes a well known entertainer will perform at EKU. In these instances, the insurance threshold may be increased even more, depending upon the circumstances of the event.
If your agreement is for an event speaker, please click here for further information.
1. EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement Form (see below) OR contract provided by artist/entertainer;
2. Certificate of Insurance (unless waived through approval on the Recommendation for Change Form); and
3. Tax ID Form.
Review and Approval Process:
If an EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement is Used:
1. The University Employee (Project Coordinator) responsible for coordinating the event at which an artist/entertainer is proposed to participate should complete an EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement Form.
2. Project Coordinator should request that the artist/entertainer sign the standard EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement.
3. If no change is needed, University Counsel does not need to review the form and it can be processed for payment.
4. The Project Coordinator should submit the EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement Form to University Counsel for review only if changes are requested (firstname.lastname@example.org)
5. If the artist/entertainer requests a deviation from the University's standard contract provisions (such as an insurance waiver request) the Project Coordinator should:
a. First, review the request;
b. If you believe that the request is reasonable and you would like to accommodate the request, inform the artist/entertainer that all changes must be reviewed and approved by University Counsel and that you will submit a Recommendation for Change Form (see below);
c. Project Coordinator shall complete and sign a Recommendation for Change Form and obtain a supervisor's signature;
d. Submit both the Recommendation for Change Form and EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement to University Counsel for review and approval;
e. Once the Recommendation for Change Form is reviewed, University Counsel will either return to the Project Coordinator an approved EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement & Recommendation for Change Form OR will respond with comments concerning why the change cannot be allowed;
f. Once the forms are received from University Counsel, the Project Coordinator will return a copy of the fully executed EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement to the artist/entertainer (do not forward a copy of the Recommendation for Change Form as that is an internal EKU document);
g. Keep an original for your records in accordance with EKU's Record Retention Schedule and send a copy to University Counsel for their record-keeping.
If a NON-EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement is Used:
If your artist/entertainer wants to use his or her own contract, please DO NOT submit the EKU Artist/Entertainer Agreement Form. Submit the NON-EKU artist/entertainer contract to University Counsel instead (email@example.com). Let your artist/entertainer know that the standard EKU Artist/Entertainer Addendum (see below) must be executed along with their NON-EKU artist/entertainer contract.
a. Once the NON-EKU artist/entertainer contract is reviewed, University Counsel will either return to the Project Coordinator an approved NON-EKU artist/entertainer contract and copy of the EKU Artist/Entertainer Addendum (any changes to the contract will be included in the version sent back to the Project Coordinator);
b. Once the contracts/agreements are received from University Counsel, the Project Coordinator will request that the artist/entertainer sign both their NON-EKU artist/entertainer contract and the EKU Artist/Entertainer Addendum (initialing each change made directly on the contract);
c. Once the artist/entertainer signs the documents, the Project Coordinator will have the appropriate EKU employee sign for EKU;
d. Once the documents are fully executed, the Project Coordinator will send a copy to the artist/entertainer for their records.
e. Keep an original for your records in accordance with EKU's Record Retention Schedule and send a copy to University Counsel for their record-keeping.
|Artist/Entertainer Agreement||164.49 KB|
|Artist/Entertainer Recommendation for Change From Standard Contract Provision - Internal Use Only||62.6 KB|
|Artist/Entertainer Addendum for Non-EKU Contracts||116.42 KB|