Clinical Placement/Affiliation Agreements
Clinical Placement/Affiliation Agreements - an agreement in which a student of the University receives academic credit for obtaining practical learning and experience from participation in a program of an outside public or private agency, institution or business.
Forms Needed: None
Review and Approval Process:
- Faculty member contacts agency to see if EKU can utilize their facility for a student clinical/practicum.
- If agency agrees, the faculty member completes the Request for Clinical/Practical Education Agreement form and submits to their Department Chair for signature.
- The Department Office Assistant checks database to see if EKU has a current contract with facility.
- If an agreement needs to be established or renewed, the Chair signs agreement and sends to Dean's Office.
- The Dean's Administrative Assistant reviews the form and checks database to verify if the contract request is new, a renewal or if the contract is current.
- If contract is current, Administrative Assistant contacts department/faculty and tells them the contract is current and gives the effective dates of the contract.
- If contract request is new, Administrative Assistant assigns the agency a number and enters agency information in the database, prepares two original contracts, obtains Dean's signature and mails to agency for required signature.
- If contract needs to be renewed, Administrative Assistant updates agency information in database, prepares two original contracts, obtains Dean's signature and mails to agency for required signature.
- Agency signs one original contract and mails back to the Dean. The AA enters the received date in database and informs department/faculty that contract is back. They are given the effective dates of the contract.
- If agency will not sign the EKU contracts and sends their contracts, or an addendum, for signature, the Administrative Assistant sends the contracts/addendum (and any other correspondence sent with contracts) to University Counsel, for approval (email@example.com).
- Upon University Counsel's instruction and approval, the Administrative Assistant obtains the Dean's signature and sends the original contracts/addendum back to the agency. Agency obtains required signature and sends one original contract/addendum back to the Dean and retains one original for their file.
- If University Counsel does not approve and recommend Dean's signature, the AA contacts the agency and the department telling them the Dean cannot sign the contract.
- If an agreement cannot be reached, the department contacts another agency for student clinical/practicum.