Medical Waivers and Information Sheets
Medical waivers are an important source of information for event or trip planners. If your event involves leaving campus, physical activity, or if it involves minors, then it is crucial that your participants be aware of the potential health concerns.
Medical Information Sheets provide you with the basic health information of the participant and can help you deal with potential emergencies.
Two types of medical forms:
- Medical Information Sheets - provide information for you regarding potential health concerns for participants who are 18 or older
- Parent Release and Consent Forms - required for any participant under the age of 18.
Please note: If you are traveling outside the country, please review travel notifications and travel warnings which are available at: http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_1764.html
Tips for using medical forms:
- Distribute the medical forms a minimum of two weeks prior to the event.
- Be sure to have all completed medical forms prior to the event.
- Bring the medical forms with your group on the trip or activity as they may be needed to allow for treatment or simply reference in the event of an emergency.