Open Records Requests
EASTERN KENTUCKY UNIVERSITY
INSPECTION OF PUBLIC RECORDS
Pursuant to KRS 61.870 to 61.991, the public is notified that, as provided herein, the public records of the above named Agency of the Commonwealth of Kentucky are open for inspection by any person on written application.
- The principal office to which to direct requests made pursuant to the Kentucky Open Records Act, and with the responsibility for responding to these requests, is the Office of University Counsel and Compliance, located at 521 Lancaster Avenue, Coates Building Room 212, Richmond, Kentucky, 40475-3102.
- Requests to inspect the public records of this agency made be made in writing to:
Office of University Counsel and Compliance
Coates Building Room 212
521 Lancaster Avenue, CPO 40A
Richmond, KY 40475-3102
Telefax: (859) 622-8030
Telephone requests for records will not be accepted.
- Office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, each week, except holidays.
- Copies of written material in the public records of this agency will be furnished to any person requesting them for non-commercial purposes on payment of a fee of ten cents ($0.10) per page for pages up to 8½ x 14 inches in size; copies of non-standard sized records or non-written records (photographs, maps, material stored in computer files or libraries, etc.) for non-commercial purposes will be furnished in standard format on request, on payment of charge equal to the actual cost of producing copies of such records by the most economic process not likely to damage or alter the record. If a person requests that copies of public records be mailed, such will be mailed upon receipt of all fees and the cost of mailing. Copies of records that can be furnished by email will not result in a fee to the requestor.
- Copies of public records will be furnished for commercial purposes in accordance with KRS 61.874(4) and (5). The public agency from which copies of nonexempt public records are requested for a commercial purpose may require a certified statement from the requestor stating the commercial purpose for which they shall be used and may require the requestor to enter into a contract with the agency. The contract shall permit use of the public records for the stated commercial purpose. A reasonable fee will be established.
- The Office of University Counsel and Compliance is the official custodian of the public records of Eastern Kentucky University for purposes of responding to requests made pursuant to the Kentucky Open Records Act. The address is set forth in paragraph 2 of this notice. The University Counsel will determine whether or not the records, or portions of them, are subject to inspection, and will respond to the requester within three (3) business days of receiving the request.